Last week the Vegepod HQ team in Sydney, Australia were able to celebrate the 10 year journey of Vegepod since Matt Harris first invented the brilliant, now globally-loved flag-ship product, the Vegepod. We also excitingly soft-launched our newest product to come...you will hear about this very soon!
We wanted to share the joy and photos of our 10 Year party!
Most of all, we want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you. We would not be here today without your ongoing support and love for Vegepod. Thank you for joining our Grow Your Food movement.
Here we are! Our Sydney team Simon, Leia, Paul, Pam, Suz, Pete, Nick as well as Kate and Noah who aren’t here in this photo. We all love working with you, and hope we have been able to provide great services and support for you all.
Our 10 year bash was made extra special thanks to the following people, it wouldn't have been possible or the same without your support.
- Simon Toohey (@simon.toohey) is a Masterchef favourite and extraordinary cook who really does hero vegetables and sustainability. He cooked up a storm, providing a plant-based bbq on the Webers and our humble fire pit. Check the pic below, he even put our lawn chair to good use to cook the pumpkins! Very Vegepod!
- Alistair from Seadrift (@seadrift_distillery) non-alcoholic gin distiller, Stuart from Organic Wine (@organicwineaustralia) and Brad from Trust Tree Brewery (@trusttreebeer). These three local legends provided unique and well-loved drinks for the evening.
- Harris Farm Markets (@harrisfarmmarkets) One of our valued stockists provided the incredible fresh produce that Simon Toohey cooked up on the BBQ. This feast was a hit, and we only wanted to use the best fresh Aussie produce
- Ken (@sound_wavesnb) and Ziggy for playing only the best tunes for the night
- Weber BBQ (@weberbbqausnz) for supplying two bbqs for our plant based feast with Simon Toohey for the night
- Veronika (@imaheartbaker_) made the most delicious cake adorned with edible flowers and fruits from her Vegepod!
Masterchef contestant Simon Toohey. Masterchef winner 2019 Larissa Takchi, and Masterchef contestant Courtney Roulston. Costa Georgiadis of Gardening Australia and Roman Deguchi from Wildflower Gardens for Good. Ken and Ziggy behind the tunes for the event. Moira from TVSN with Courtney.
Co-owner Simon with local federal member Zali Stegall.
What a journey it has been, and one we think really represents the ‘Aussie Battler’ story. It’s a story that has resonated with not only fellow Australians, but all viewers, writers, businesses, politicians, entrepreneurs, journalists, organisations and of course, our wonderful and loyal customers around the globe. We really do consider everyone who has worked with us and supported us, a part of our Vegepod family.
As most of you know, it all began 10 years ago with inventor and founder Matt Harris failing with his regular veggie gardens, putting his clever mind to creating the Vegepod. Brother Paul Harris and friend Simon Holloway joined him 8 years ago to launch Vegepod to where it is today.
In the space of just 10 years, Vegepod has expanded from a one-man band in a garage to 18 countries worldwide, including the humble but fun ‘shed quarters’ here in Sydney where it all began. Offices are now in the United States, New Zealand, Singapore, England, Germany, Ireland, Canada, UAE, South Africa, Portugal, Philippines, and Mauritius. We give a huge thanks to our fellow country heads who have put their heart and soul into our Grow Your Food movement, introducing the Vegepod to their own home countries. From success on Shark Tank 5 years ago to becoming an award-winning product that includes:
- ABA Product Innovation Award 2017
- ABA Product Excellence Award 2017
- USA Golden Shovel Award 2018
- The Great British Growing Award 2019
- The Australian Enterprise Awards for Best Garden Product Provider 2019
- The Australian Enterprise Awards for Emerging Business of the Year 2019
- The Royal Chelsea Flower Show Garden Product of the Year 2020
Vegepod began as a family operated business and still predominantly remains so, with all three owners' family, and children running varying countries and working within global HQ.
Thankyou fellow Podders and Happy 10 years! You'll be hearing from us very soon on some exciting new things to come... stay tuned!